hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Re: Funny kid in my guild

Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:50 am

Hello guys, please try to not use curse words or attack other users when expressing a different opinion than them. For the player that opened the topic I would recommend you to start sharing loot with your guild-mates, but as a guild leader this decision is up to you.

Attitudes like yours will lead players to leave your guild and I guess it's not something you want to happen, right? :)

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:43 pm

personally I would not distribute loot to myself))) its ridicilous - it should be autoloot! besides i can do max damage at trash mobs and dont continue raid till the end - so its not so fair imo...

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:50 am

Sarloch wrote:
Hello guys. I run the guild that has been harboring Barney's leavers, and although we're just fine with being no2 on the server, taking in his ex members certainly is nice. I'm not here to talk bad about Barney, he has his views, I have mine, such is life. I prefer not to cut in line for loot because IMO it's not worth pissing people off about it, and I can wait as long as any of my members can. I brought most of my guild over from another game called Dungeon Boss that made huge changes to the economy of the game that really REALLY upset 80+% of the playerbase so many of us wandered to Soul Hunters. So my guildies already had some 8 months together already and had good relations and friendships already built, so we already had all the kinks in our system already worked out. I think that's why we don't have issues like this. Maybe Barney will come around and stop feeling more entitled than his members. The payment for spending more is getting more from what you spent $ on, not rigging the raid loot system in your favor because you decided you're more important than your members. I really don't know his previous GM experience, but maybe he will change his ways, maybe he won't, not my place to judge. But his guild is quite strong even with the members he lost and wish them the best of luck in the future.

Whats up, still enjoying the forum drama waiting on the plug to be pulled. I'm sure some of your guild members know who I am

Sarloch
Knight
Knight

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:59 am

Gmanju wrote:

Whats up, still enjoying the forum drama waiting on the plug to be pulled. I'm sure some of your guild members know who I am

Yup, I've heard stories from some. Although I really didn't frequent the DB forums until they crapped on us all and laughed all the way to the bank. Glad to have you here so I can witness some of the dramatic goodness :)
-Sarloch,
GM of Reddit B Team
Server 150 Anvil Drop
Apply today at
https://www.reddit.com/r/shbteam

barney
Squire
Squire

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:11 am

Sarloch wrote:
Hello guys. I run the guild that has been harboring Barney's leavers, and although we're just fine with being no2 on the server, taking in his ex members certainly is nice. I'm not here to talk bad about Barney, he has his views, I have mine, such is life. I prefer not to cut in line for loot because IMO it's not worth pissing people off about it, and I can wait as long as any of my members can. I brought most of my guild over from another game called Dungeon Boss that made huge changes to the economy of the game that really REALLY upset 80+% of the playerbase so many of us wandered to Soul Hunters. So my guildies already had some 8 months together already and had good relations and friendships already built, so we already had all the kinks in our system already worked out. I think that's why we don't have issues like this. Maybe Barney will come around and stop feeling more entitled than his members. The payment for spending more is getting more from what you spent $ on, not rigging the raid loot system in your favor because you decided you're more important than your members. I really don't know his previous GM experience, but maybe he will change his ways, maybe he won't, not my place to judge. But his guild is quite strong even with the members he lost and wish them the best of luck in the future.

Nice to hear your respond. I really appreciate what you said, and hope our ex-guild mates feel much fun in your guild :).
Serve: 150
Guild: Godslastorder

barney
Squire
Squire

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:21 am

TeamTorres wrote:
Hi Barney. I am a GM and never distribute loot to myself. It's unfair to the guild. We also have limit to how many loot items you can collect daily. Our limit is 5. I'm suggesting you let the loot manually distribute itself. This will lessen the amount of headaches you will deal with in the future.

PS We do a raffle 1x a week for players who maintain 5600 stamina weekly. Winner receives 1 item of loot distributed manually. Helps keep stamina up and morale in our guild.

This is a good idea to reward highly active players :)
Serve: 150
Guild: Godslastorder

leroytje22
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:53 am

You have to balance it out this way people can never catch up to you and you will always stay top dmg dealer.. so makes no sense

BlazeR
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:29 pm

barney wrote:
Hi guys.
I am a ranking 1 guild master who currently has highest lvl in our server, also I have highest overall rating, did highest damage to raids and HOL.
So as a guild master who contributing most things(raid damage,ppl recruting) to our guild, I distribute loot to myself as the game system default.
However, a kid in our guild now crying I am "steal" loot in our guild. And he is mad about this. The root thing is I cant stop my "selfish" or stop my "greedy" to distribute loot.
Thus, I wanna help the kid to beg the game system to abolish the stetting, and make this kid feel better even he joins other guild. Then he will be treat more equally.
Wow, by the way, he probably wanna earn same reward in HOL, even ppl did less damage still can earn equal reward.
I like the kid. Hope he can feel better :)
Enjoy ur game, enjoy ur hunting

Oh wow.. Another greedy rich kid story... Why did I bother reading all this..why...?. :(
Server: Panda Smash
Guild: Silent Killers

Kan Sun
Squire
Squire

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:14 pm

Well, I guess the looting syetem is not fair naturally as regardless you do more or less damage, you queue for loot with the same priority. In a competitative game, this sounds not right. Coz this is killing the motivation that people progress and do more damage in raid. After all, we work hard in this game for better reward.

So It makes sense that a high damage dealer wants more loot based on his higher damage. Generally speaking, he deserves it, just like a more capable enployee would have a higher salary.

On the other side, It also makes sense that low damage dealers would think it's not right to distribute extra loots to high damage dealers as they believe every one should be equal in game no matter how you perform. And such manual distribuiton would make the gap between high end and low end even larger.

This in-game situation reflects the society well. It's somewhat a moral and philosophical question. Is everybody really equal? Should all be paid and treated equally? Well, based on the graceful human nature that we care for weak and poor, in the most of the times, we try to make everyone equal, regardless you're beautiful and ugly, rich and poor, capable and useless. This is the main stream of the values of morden society.

Therefore, as a guild master as well, I suggest that you don't do manual distributie loots so your guild mates, who might be far behind you in progress, would be grateful to you. And try to lead and teach the whole guild hence to make everyone do better. In this way, your guild will keep running at the best spot in the server as all your member would be loyal and happy. You sacrifice some personal reward to have a stronger guild, it's worthy.
This is [IM] SnaKe, the guild master of Immortals, which is the best guild in server 19-20-22 and a Guild War frame owner. We're always ready to help and lead.

Puckersunchers
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:19 am

After reading this topic I feel ever more grateful towards my current guild and it's guild master.