Let's talk role numbers.
With the release of the Li Twins, we now have a grand total of 58 heroes.
22 of these heroes are Female. 36 of these heroes are Male.
I've made this sheet (Google) to look at role distribution (based upon my earlier work).
1) Female Tanks
There are 3 Female Heroes (Esabel, Shirley, Tareth). Only one of these heroes (Esabel) is available at early levels or a lucky Gold Chest. One relies on Crucible of Fire Pulls and is expensive to summon to boot. One of these heroes isn't available to players under VIP 11 at all. Male Heroes have 8 available tanks. 3 are available for "free" through gameplay (Leon, Elric, Vincent).
I'm counting Riley's primary role as Physical AOE.
Conclusion: Place Tareth, when released, at a location accessible under level 40 and possibly for a summon cost of 40 soulstones or look at Esabel's effectiveness in relation to how accessible she is (and other female tanks are not).
2) Male Healers
There are only three characters with "healing" included in their primary role of support in the game. All three of these (Flora, Jasmine, Li Twins) are female. They actually follow a decent order: free, expensive summon, vip only. The issue is that there two male support heroes (Enrique and Lucius), and neither provide healing. Out of the characters with "support" (and healing abilities) as a secondary role, their healing is somewhat negligible (Mariana, Leon) or wrapped up in rules (Garrick).
Conclusion: Need another healer, or flag the Li Twins as both female and male (and make them more accessible on a faster track). This is unlikely, but strongly consider making the next monthly character to be a male healer.
3) Random Observations
- Female heroes have the most even distribution of roles, while male heroes have an overabundance of physical single target heroes (10/36!) and tanks (8/36).
- The most common primary role is Physical Single Target (13/58)
- The least common primary role is Control (3/38)
- The most common secondary role is Control (14/58), with males way more likely to have a control ability (11/36 vs 3/22!)
- The most common secondary role for Female Heroes is... not having a secondary role (9/22)
- The least common secondary role is tanking and physical single target (5/58)