wewantflair
Squire
Squire

Stars: 5 vs 6 vs 7

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:36 am

So I have a few questions after reading things from various other pages online.

It is my understanding that when a hero is promoted, his defensive boosts translate to less damage taken, which means less energy gained and therefore fewer ultimates.
- Is this still true?

It seems like this most directly hinders the magic attackers and most directly benefits the tanks, whose ultimates rarely change the outcome of a battle.
- Devs: Would it be possible to add some sort of energy gaining modifier to the promotion ranks to combat the drop in energy gained and thus equalize it/improve it? It seems counter-intuitive to dissuade players from promoting a character to its maximum stars. Someone who has taken the time to collect the other 500 soul-stones should have an advantage, not a disadvantage, over someone who hasn't.

Lastly, it makes me wonder who IS and ISN'T worth upgrading to 7 Stars. A few of those posts were quite dated, BUT it seemed that physical characters were OK to bring to 7 while magic characters should be kept at 6. Some players even recommend keeping some characters at 5 (eg Gizmo).
- Can any of the higher level players comment on this? I have brought only my Gale and my Drago to 7 stars so far. I do notice that it takes far longer for Gale to ultimate compared to my 6 star Leah or 5 star Garrick.
- More specifically, how are Front Line DPS characters like Riley affected by that last promotion? They rely on both their strong defenses as well a readily available ultimate for maximum damage and survivability.

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Stars: 5 vs 6 vs 7

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Agree. A winning strat shouldn't be to mirror match with a weaker party.

I remember when an Allistar, server 15 guild, Chaos (Arclight's pro crew lol), said it was an excuse because I lost in the same method. I'm just glad everyone is seeing this problem that new about before this game even came out.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

Mine
Squire
Squire

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:57 pm

It's so weird seeing people complain about this irelevant stuff and completely ignore how crit/dodge are the real culprits behind who wins/loses a mirror match.

Alex
Knight
Knight

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:31 am

Whatever the reason. It can't happen. Or maybe 1 time out of ten. That's just the opposite right now.
S19 [IM]

Urion
Community Program (Soul Hunters)
Community Program (Soul Hunters)

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 pm

This used to be an actual issue, but now with more diverse heroes it is not. Mine is correct, the only factors that determine the winner are crit and dodge. Of course line up plays a role, but it's always that 1 dodge or crit that either turns the tide or lets you waste a few ults on a tank at 1 life.
Urion - 90, Guild Leader of Legacy
FB Mod - English SH FB Group
SH Community Program Member
Realm 1 - Season 2/3 (8-0)
30-1 GW record

OrangeTux
Knight
Knight

Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Ok, let's raise a different issue regarding stars. Ignore arena and pvp. Let's take it to HoL or raid boss. 5/6* have advantage over 7* because they can ultimate faster and in turn get an extra ultimate in during the fight. The question becomes, is there any point to making hero's 7*?

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:50 pm

OrangeTux wrote:
Ok, let's raise a different issue regarding stars. Ignore arena and pvp. Let's take it to HoL or raid boss. 5/6* have advantage over 7* because they can ultimate faster and in turn get an extra ultimate in during the fight. The question becomes, is there any point to making hero's 7*?

Well, ignoring arena and pvp kind of makes the answer somewhat useless since most of the time I rather have a seven star hero here for survivability. But even looking at places like HoL and Guild Raids, the highest scores are turned in by teams using seven star heroes. I usually match the heroes and teams, but with less stars, and produce less points. I think it is a better approach to bring your best heroes to seven stars and find the exceptions (right now Ethera comes to mind) rather than keep heroes at five or six.

OrangeTux
Knight
Knight

Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:22 am

ashOck wrote:
OrangeTux wrote:

Well, ignoring arena and pvp kind of makes the answer somewhat useless since most of the time I rather have a seven star hero here for survivability. But even looking at places like HoL and Guild Raids, the highest scores are turned in by teams using seven star heroes. I usually match the heroes and teams, but with less stars, and produce less points. I think it is a better approach to bring your best heroes to seven stars and find the exceptions (right now Ethera comes to mind) rather than keep heroes at five or six.

I don't disagree. I mean I have 35 7* myself and am not sitting on promotions. I just notice from time to time, the less stars fair better. My 6* urestag did 900k plus on ch 12 boss then I 7* him and he can barely do 800k now

Mine
Squire
Squire

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:49 pm

HoL is a terrible place to test how good heroes are. One week you can do 1.6mil on Drago, next 3 weeks you can barely reach 1.4mil. One try Hurok randomly one shots half your team at 6 stacks, the next you're doing fine at 15 stacks. It's all luck.